Cloud Migration Case Study
This Tgix client provides ratings for online retailers to highlight the best places to shop on the web.
To design and implement new infrastructure, processes and facilities with DevOps best practices to handle growth.
- Existing environment was not designed to handle increased volumes of business.
- Exponential growth had rendered development, QA and deployment processes archaic.
- QA team not able to cope with testing of constant features / enhancements and the continuous Agile development cycles.
- No configuration management, leading to inconsistencies across different environments.
The Tgix Solution
- Designed processes to enable Dev and QA to spin up desired target environments and deploy specific branch to target environments.
- Migration of services into separate prod/non-prod, multi-zone, scalable and secure environments within the AWS cloud.
- Migration from SVN to Git.
- Design and implementation of automated build processes using CloudFormation and Puppet.
- Collaborative effort to create automated processes to facilitate deployment of chosen branches to chosen environments, integrated with Jira, Bitbucket and Bamboo.
With the help of Tgix’s multi-disciplinary DevOps team, our client is now enjoying:
- More fault-tolerant, scalable and easy-to-maintain infrastructure
- Significantly faster QA and deployment cycles.
- Technology better aligned with business