Media Industry Case Study
One of the most high-traffic, popular sites on the web.
To streamline and enhance the production, development and QA environments.
- Multiple sites operating under company “umbrella” on a variety of different platforms.
- Distributed infrastructure: On-premises, Third-Party Data Center and Public Cloud.
- Existing DevOps team with minimal knowledge and no documentation of legacy software & platforms.
- No standardization or configuration management, leading to inconsistencies across different environments.
The Tgix Solution
- Collaboration with stake-holders to determine immediate pain-points and priorities.
- Collaboration with DevOps team to re-architect Dev/QA environments on the AWS cloud.
- Creation of plan to migrate all local, distributed and remote media properties to a unified cloud environment.
- Development and implementation of DevOps standards; streamlining of environments with Chef Opscode and other standard tools.
- Instituted ticketing system and web-based document/knowledge repository for standard procedures.
- Round-the-clock DevOps, SysOps, CloudOps support.
With the help of Tgix’s multi-disciplinary DevOps team, our client is now enjoying:
- Significantly improved uptime.
- Easy-to-manage, consistent environments running on standardized tools, software and platforms.
- Standardized, documented Ops/Dev/QA processes and procedures.
- Significantly improved monitoring capabilities.